Wednesday, November 10, 2010

SOMETHING DIFFERENT....



Someone on Facebook (sorry I can't remember who exactly, but even if I did, I don't know if you want to be named, but thank you- you know who you are!!!) linked to this little baby Romanian gymnast.  Yes, there is no denying it, she has total shades of Porgras circa 2009 Worlds.  Excepty willowy little Paula is also like a new-born foal- all rickety graceful limbs that she doesn't quite know what to do with.  Her hands look like they are half the length of her legs and she seems very tall, even if she isn't  particularly(also, I think big feet, which she has, are signs of a good beam worker).   She isn't there yet, but there are signs of Romanian beam goodies to come!

And more importantly, check out the choreography.  Is this not WILDLY extravagant and original beam chorey- if not for the gymnastics world- then at least for Romania? How are the flicky hands at 2.29?  And there something a bit reminiscent of Haidu's shimmy in there too!  It's kind of out there.

soooo........what do you think?



Or HERE

Her name is Paula Tudorache, and she is from Dinomo, by the way.

10 comments:

  1. Giggles.... yes indeed all of the above is TRUE. Oh you forgot to mention that she is wearing Ana Porgras leotard from the 2010 AA World Championships and those wrist movements have been nicknamed "Diva" moves (ha ha).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't 'forget' to mention the Porgras leo, actually. I purposely didn't mention it because I can't stand that leotard and I know I am probably the only one who didn't like it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol! I don't think it's beautiful either but I am glad the new leos look more modern, even this one, compared to the ones from 2007 - 2009, is lovely. Anyway, that is not Porgras' leo, all the gymnasts that are in one of the national training programs have one (I know it's pretty obvious now :))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh couchy, I AM shocked that you don't like the leo..:/

    How old is Paula?

    ReplyDelete
  5. To me the arm movements are reminiscent of Andreea Munteanu...Anyway her lady coach has some lovely choreograhpy ideas..all her gymnasts have interesting moves. It will be intreseting to see if Paula will be selected to join one of the national training programmes..besides elegance she doesn't seem to have other strengths at the momment...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Her choreography is beautiful! Such strong, smooth movements with a little bit of funk! She's still really hesitant before her aerial sets and could really work on her split leap, etc. But those are technical details that come with time. It's really hard to teach that.. I don't even know how to say it, but whatever she's got. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. this doesn't flow at all. don't get the appeal

    ReplyDelete
  8. I thought the flicky diva hands were a little over the top and silly. Interesting to watch though haha

    ReplyDelete