Sunday, October 24, 2010

I JUST REALISED......



All of my wishes for The World Championships came true! How did I not realize that until now?

I wanted Russia to win the team finals.  I wanted Alicia Sacramone to win vault and be vindicated.  I would have been devastated if anyone but Porgras (or maybe Dementieva) won beam.  I wanted Tweddle for bars and was so so so a-wishing for Lozza to win a medal!  I did, however, really want Afanasyeva to win a medal on floor, but I also knew it might be a tricky one!
I had no wish for AA mostly because I had no doubt Mustafina would win it.
But this is definitely the first time all my picks and wished won!  Woot!

5 comments:

  1. I love your blog! I would like to read your story about Balance Beam Final. Thank you so much! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. AND you also wished that Jessica Lopez would finish in the top 10 in the all-around(I think it was wish #1) And she finished 10th!!! Good Job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mustafina looks absolutely stunning in this picture! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I understand people pulling for Porgross, but she had one of her worse performances (definitely not as good as quals, several breaks). Her getting that medal was an injustice. Unearned. Think you should want her to earn the win, not get the win.

    Actually the strong element of subkectivity and "wanting the right gymnast to win" makes me worry that gym has a tendancy for finkiness and injustice on the judging.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wanted Epke to get gold but it didnt happen but Lauren Mitchell made up for it! I agree on the rest!

    ReplyDelete