Sunday, June 6, 2010

2010 WORLDS ANTICIPATION: QUEEN B SPEAKS........

(Pic by Rowena Humphrey- from Rotterdam site)

I am sure by now many of you have had a good look at the Official Rotterdam 2010 World Gymnastics Championships Website.  With more content and more action than most official sites have, a number of interviews and articles have been posted over the last six months.  The most recent article, which went up this week, is an interview done with reigning World Champion, Bridget Sloan. 
Bridget talks about training, her time off and hedges around answering whether or not we will ever see that rumoured front triple twist.  Check it out HERE

Also, for those of you who live in Europe, you should check out the possibilities of volunteering at this year's Worlds.  It is a unique way to experience a gymnastics competition and see how it all works while attending the biggest gymnastics competition of the year. 
I believe that if you live outside of Rotterdam, the organisers are providing accommodation (do not, however, expect anything too fancy), food vouchers and fun.

There are a number of jobs available that would suit all kinds of interests.  if you are interested, go to the Volunteeer Page to read more and fill out an application form.  Remember though, guys, volunteering isn't just a free ticket to Worlds.  There will be work to be done, and it may happen while competitions you wanted to watch are on.  But that said, it should be a great experience.


*******

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I didn't know you could volunteer. Thanks for mentioning it. It sounds like a great experience, even if you don't actually get to see most of the competitions.
    I've never seen a gymnastics competition before but it's one of my big dreams (I'll even admit that when I went to my first gymnastics class last year , I got excited simply because I could touch the uneven bars and beam. Yes, I know that sounds mad... I'd never been close to those before and had always wondered what exactly they felt like).
    I would definitely consider volunteering if I didn't have all these classes at uni to attend. :(

    Maybe at the 2012 European Championships in Brussels...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This volunteer opportunity looks amazing...AND track suits are involved?!

    ..
    Em G.
    http://level4andrising.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete