Thursday, May 6, 2010

SOUND ADVICE....

(Photo: www.gymnasticsunited.com)

I don't know how many of you have read my interview with Matt Esler in the latest issue of The Couch Gymnast magazine.  I have to say, what he has to say inspires me- mostly to storm the FIG and demand change- but also to remind me that when it comes to the truly crappy things about this sport- that these things rarely have anything to do with the gymnasts.

"What I admire the most though, is how the gymnasts have to adapt, and how quickly they can. There has been no consistency with the Code of Points and competition formats since 1997, and yet they somehow manage to catch up to the rules as fast as they can. None of my complaints about gymnastics have anything to do with the gymnasts, and that’s what I try to focus on and stay positive about. The gymnasts are the real heroes, and will always be."

Thank for the perspective, Matt.



*******

No comments:

Post a Comment