Sunday, May 2, 2010

FOOD FOR THOUGHT.....


(disco pony!! I love the airborne hair!)


A friend told me she'd been approached by John Geddert, Jordyn Wieber's coach to ask if it was she who wrote the article about Jordyn for International Gymnast the other day.  She said it wasn't her, but that she knew me and came and told me he wanted to meet me.

Later, after EFs I went and introduced myself to him, and he was all like thank you so much.  This is really what Jordyn needed to hear.  She has had so much criticism- it was so lovely for her to hear some great feedback etc.



This was nice to hear, and I am happy I helped made Jordyn feel good about herself.  But hell, she shouldn't need me.  She was superb this week and she is a really sweet kid too.
If people can't appreciate her after this week, I don't know what would make them.



Another thing that happened was I was getting a coffee just before the meet, and so was Teodora Ungureanu.  I took the opportunity when she started chatting about the coffee (really bad coffee- but you know, thanks Gym Australia- I am really grateful!) to ask, as I hadn't yet seen the start lists, if Sabrina Vega had made floor finals.  She made a huge sad face and said "No, and I don't understand why, she was so, so good."



Poor Sabs, first she misses a bronze medal because of the two-per-country rule, then she misses floor finals, which is downright tragic..  So I told Teodora what I believe, that it was incredibly sad news because Vega had one of the most stunning, if not the most stunning floor routines out there in that meet.

Teodora's eyes opened and she was like, "Please, will you tell her that!  She really needs to hear that..  Just don't tell her I told you to!"




It's easy to forget.  Their teenagers, they read/hear the stuff that is said about them.  It must be hard.

I'm still going to pick on the leotards though!

10 comments:

  1. I have meet Sabrina before and she really is lovely, lovely person. Thanks for making her day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the red or blue leos ... i am so SICK of the PINK ... it drives me up a wall

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love the blue and red LEOS ... but man o man the PINK needs to go ... the blue one that Jordan has on i like ... we need to wear more blue i say

    ReplyDelete
  4. PolyisTCOandbannedMay 2, 2010 at 11:16 AM

    Jor....dyn! If any of those nasty Nastia-loverz say bad things about you, don't worry. they are wimps (the men and the women). You could beat any of them in a fight. Keep up the great gymnastics. You are a rock! Love your guts and heart!

    ReplyDelete
  5. PolyisTCOandbannedMay 2, 2010 at 11:28 AM

    Oh...and I'm glad you got the IG byline and the props for your writing, Couchie. Mixed in with all the leotard silliness is a very smart person. I can see it coming through in the skill of your photo captions. Keep up the great work (/honesty)

    (back to teasing)

    ReplyDelete
  6. No offense but once you start taking feelings into consideration your blog loses all credibility. You have to stay honest or you just become biased Aunt Joyce.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sabrina's floor was my favourite of the week, by long way. Loved it

    Ribbit

    ReplyDelete
  8. polyis, stop with the nastia hate! this has nothing to do with her!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I miss the days when the usa got new leos every year :(

    ReplyDelete
  10. PolyisTCOandbannedMay 2, 2010 at 9:53 PM

    Sorry. It all gets mixed together. :(

    ReplyDelete