Wednesday, May 12, 2010

AND IN A "WHAT THE?" MOMENT........


WTF? What precisely, is Nicolae Forminte trying to say here?  I don't know if it is the dodgy babelfish translation or if he is really saying what I think he is saying about Beth Tweddle?

"Beth Tweddle is a gymnast extraordindar─â that in 25 years still finds motivation in the gym. It's very good and very nice of them, than to go to clubs and discos. But, in ten when competing at the senior years, nobody has called her to a doping control. One day she will call and someone. One day perhaps we will learn about it, as I learned about the other athletes whom medals have been withdrawn, "said Forminte.

Huh?  Can someone- possibly a Romanian- shed some light on this?  If he is saying what I think he might be saying, then please, oh please tell me he has his tongue firmly in his cheek. Please do not tell me that Forminte is now engaging in an outsized act of sour SOUR GRAPES?  That'd hurt.


******


6 comments:

  1. You got it right :) Anyway, he tried to take it bake the next day..but what's done is done. This is Forminte!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry, did he just say Beth may be a druggy????

    ReplyDelete
  3. WTF? I'm seriously thinking Forminte just might be going nuts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Munch, I think Forminte's hinting (not very well)that Beth may be taking steroids or something. Like I said above, I seriously think he's going nuts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an arse. What an absolute arse. So, what, she's 25 and still going strong so she MUST be a substance abuser!? I'd hate to hear what he thought of Severino and Chusovitina.

    I have always had a soft spot for our Commonwealth rivals. Now more than EVER do I want Beth to make her Olympic dream come true, and for Team GB to come out on top.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi! Please, could you write the link of the newspaper Prosport where he said this? I would like to read the original declaration without translation. Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete