Wednesday, March 24, 2010

HOPPY'S HAPPY



Considering what a big fan I am of hers, I have surprised even myself that I haven't commented on Elyse Hopfner-Hibb's interview with IG.  I always forget to look at IG- which is daft.
Anyway, as far as I am concerned, Elyse has been having a great year.  Her routines are great, aside from the choreographical tourettes in her beam work (it gets worse when they take the double spin out) and she has more or less found more consistency than last year.  It is a pity she has been knocked out of the AA because of Li's seniority and Zam's total fabulousness, but they did need to work on her bars, and both Li and Zam are competing brilliantly.
Anyways, I was all-aflutter when I heard she was considering going elite again, but really, that article just says she hasn't dismissed the idea.  It also didn't really tell me anything I didn;t already know except that they were pulling her double fron dismount that she could never stick (i could have guessed that bit) for a double layout which she can stick. 
Frankly, I don't know if she will go back to elite- she is small enough- I don't know if she can ever do as well as that World bronze (anyways, that was fantastic enough)- what I do hope is that next year she gets to do all-around and kick some serious butt alongside Zam!
Most important is that she sounds like she is having a hell of a good time!

1 comment:

  1. i'm also a huge fan of ehh and absolutely love watching her compete. unlike some, i even enjoy the quirky rhythm of her balance beam. and i'm sure that's largely dependent upon how solid of a beam worker she truly is. plus, bonus points for a different and difficult flight series! i look forward to watching her the remainder of her ucla career, but i'm honestly indifferent toward the idea of her returning elite.

    ReplyDelete