Saturday, January 16, 2010

reaction time.....

The ever-inspiring IG forum crew have started a new thread, listing their favorite reaction moments in the sport.  While I remembered some of them, there were so many I love that weren't there.

Of course, there was plenty of mention of Khorkina's various reactions to winning and losing over the years, but no mention of one of my favorite silly Sveta moments, when she watched her coiutnrywomen perform on vault in 2000.  HILARIOUS!


Or HERE

This is another fave of mine. So cute to see Sandra happy she knoocked one out for the team. They were inching closer to their surprise broze right here. That is one happy little fist pump!


Or HERE

One I can't find is from the Sydney Olympics where Andrea Raducan pulls that hilarious face when a girl crashes on the (too low) vault warm up. That made me laugh.

I love this one too. The sounds of the Frenchies going insane when Duforunet's score lifts them to the silver spot. Awesome.


Or HERE

I loved Peggy Liddick grabbing Lauren Mitchell's hand after her EF beam routine to show her just how fast her heart had been beating during the routine.

Svetlana Boginskaya hugging and comforting Tatiana Gutsu when she didn't make AA finals.

Suzanna Yoculan's running tackle on Courtney McC when she returned and served on beam against Florida. Very Funny!


Or HERE

Mohini Bhardwaj after she competed that unexpected beam routine in 2004.

Nastia Liukin's reaction to winning the Beijing AA really moved me. I remember being surprised because I had never really cared which one of them won, but when I saw how she reacted, all the pain of that long injury and rough year or two came back to me and I was nearly in tears with her.

Lavinia Milosovici's face after her perfect ten on floor in 1992.

Courtney Kupets calm, but destroyed shaking of her her head at her coach, when she knew she'd screwed her achilles again in college. Devastating.

Yelena Produnova when she landed her double front on vault. Yipee!

Okay, enough for now. I got to get to bed! Anyways, check out the IG forum for their choices.



*****

12 comments:

  1. I love this too:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5vLeSDQDwM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Then you should start posting over with us!! :) I'mn linking to your blog, the masses need to know about the ones we missed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fishbulb- i always join, then forget my password! Also, if i posted there, and posted here I would never get anything done at all! I'd just be talking gymnastics all day long!

    ReplyDelete
  4. and yeah, Giuly- that was hilarious!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dude, you forgot Cheng Fei's reaction after winning the team final. That reaction made it onto Time's best sports moments of 2008.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dude, I didn't forget, i IG forum already mentioned it i think. I freaking love that Moment!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Is this the Andreea Raducan reaction you were looking for? It's after Elise Ray barely touches the vault and majorly crashes in the vault warm-ups for the AA in Sydney:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myY7AyA97Bs&feature=related

    From about 2:24 to 3:43

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes! That's the Raducan moment! Poor Elise! Also, can I just say that was a heinous, heinous leo Maloney was wearing on floor, and heinous, heinous floor chorey too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. To anonymous who doesn't see their comment here. Sorry dude, but I rejected it. I am sorry if you had a bad experience but I am not publishing snipy stuff that will just lead to more snipy stuff. Particularly because you accuse me of 'misleading' my readers. My readers have brains. They know what they like.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hahah, ok, did anyone mention Cheng Fei's fist pumps at the 2007 World vault finals. One minute she was all serious and one she was finished she was all FUCK YEAH.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I wasn't a mad Carly Patterson fan but when she won AA at Athens I was moved.. I feel like it was relief more than happiness. I think she didn't even want to continue in 2004 but was pushed and it seemed like her tears were because she was glad it was all over (the AA and her gymnastics career). It was pretty much a sad moment more than anything.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't know what European competition it was, but there's a video on youtube of Khorkina laughing at Zamolodchikova's UB routine, because she kept falling. (It's titled something along the lines of "Khorkina Laughing") It's so unsportsman-like, but unfortunately it's the kind of thing we've come to expect from Khorkina...

    ReplyDelete