Tuesday, October 6, 2009

GYM DOG FLOOR DANCE THROUGH...

Hmmm.......


(or HERE)

I really, really, really don't know how I feel about some of that. I have never, ever been a fan of The Gym Dogs floor routines, not even Courtney McCool's though many seem to love it. But a lot of this hurt. Especially the music. Every routine had a really inspired moment, but the beginnings were largely awkward. I am not even sure if it is the choreography, or at times, the gymnast.

The only one I could bear last year was Taylor's.
Again, the only one I can bear so far is Taylor's and probably Ding's. There are some nice moments in a lot of them, and some of it will grow on me, but hmmmm....

Look, I know, it's college, it's time for some "fun" and "upbeat" and, the most criminal "original" routines, but i can't handle the cheese.

And Cassidy McComb's? What, dear god, was that?



*****

5 comments:

  1. Haha- I actually liked Cassidy's. It was different, but in a good way. Now the ones that def needs help are Noel Couch, Lauren Sessler, and Gina Nuccio. Christa Tanella and Katie Brezeal have potential, but right now it looks uninspired.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Breazeal has always looked uninspired...

    ReplyDelete
  3. it says that the video has been removed by the user? i saw Kat's on another video and I don't like the part where she does a headbridge and kicks over...

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL@ Marcus!....well she needs to get her S@*% together this season...especially if Trani doesn't get over her injuries. There's nothing like a lil' depth in a long NCAA season.

    ReplyDelete
  5. uga gymnast- me too!! It looked really awkward and wonky. I thought the exact same thing.
    Uninspired might have been a kind word, Marcus. I think she looks bored.
    I wish Trani would get better.

    ReplyDelete