Saturday, October 17, 2009

FORMER GYM STARS AT WORLDS....




Okay, so in answer to a question on the International Gymnast online forum, yes, like at the Olympics, there seems to be quite a number of ex-gymnasts floating around the 02 because I am seeing them everywhere I go!!  I think because of all the restaurants and bars actually in the o2, a lot of them are hanging out.

I saw old legend Larissa Latynina watching the AA finals, which was pretty amazing, as she is quite elderly these days.

As I said, Svetlana Boginskaya is there being all Russian in her high heels and bleach blonde hair.

I have seen Andreea Raducan and Maria Olaru ad Presecan with the Romanian crew several times, just genrally being fabulous and photographed by all around them.

I saw Olaru and Dominque Moceanu having a gossip in the concourse this afternoon, and later, when I went to the toilet during the Pommel final (i can't stand pommel) I saw Nadia Comaneci being led somewhere by a security guard in her immensely high heels. 

I turned when I heard some shrieking yesterday only to see Oksana Chusovitina and Svetlana Khorkina merrily greeting each other with hugs and kisses.

I also ran into Bridget Sloan while in the bathrooms.  We were the only ones there so I congratulated her.  She is a sweetie.  I am sorry I find her gymnastics a bit boring!

So yes, there are gymnasts aplenty floating around the o2!!
I will upload pics tomorrow perhaps.  If not, when I get back from my post-Worlds holiday!

1 comment: