Thursday, August 20, 2009

Some Idle Gossip...

According to Aunt Joyce's Ice Cream Stand, Nastia's new floor routine is being performed to Carmen.  Both Svetlanas, Khorkina and Boginskaya used sections of Carmen in the past.  The new routine is being described as "avant garde and unique".  AJIS, also claims that Nastia originally had the music Ivana was using, but then changed it.  I wasn't sure, but now, I am really looking forward to seeing it, though who knows when that will be?



(Also, I've been staring, transfixed at this picture for a while. It's really notvery flattering when you stare at it for a while. Nastia looks like some insect queen about to trap some lesser insects by stunning them with her radiant pink shell, shooting a slimy web from her eyeballs (or perhaps toes) and then taking them back to her nest and feeding them to her young.  Or is it just me?)

12 comments:

  1. I totally agree. She's just too angular in that photo. If Pavs did the same pose, it would be gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nastia says "Nope." She Tweeted the following today:


    "NLiukinFor everyone asking about my floor music... No, it's not "Carmen"...."


    Jen
    www.fullinfullout.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Refuting those rumors, Nastia just posted on her twitter that it's not "Carmen." http://twitter.com/NLiukin

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had a feeling it would be Carmen when she said a lot of figure skaters use it. Oh noes. No offence intended but I just don't think she'll do it justice. And wasn't Shapiro meant to have the same music? If that's true then seriously, that could be bad. I'm not sure hat would suit either of them. However I shall (Attempt to) remain neutral until i actually see the routine/s.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's not true. Nastia posted this on twitter:

    "For everyone asking about my floor music... No, it's not "Carmen"...."

    Also Nastia is NOT dating Evan Lysacek.

    Aunt Joyce seems to be hungry for more readers...

    ReplyDelete
  6. She said on her twitter it wasn't Carmen.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well don't believe Aunt Joyce. She's wrong. According to http://fullinfullout.blogspot.com/2009/08/nastias-floor-music.html it's not Carmen!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good,glad it is not Carmen. Boring. Yeah, twitter, sometimes it takes so freakishly long to load Twitter, I barely read it anymore, so I missed the Nastia reply.
    Anyone else notice the slow, slow Twitter thing?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Who is Aunt Joyce anyway?

    Gotta say I'm enjoying the way she is shaking up the commentary a bit - feel sad now gymblog has moved to a more official forum - too much fact, not enough speculation.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm not a huge fan of Aunt Joyce... I'm not a big fan of name calling.

    Couch, you might try using TweetDeck, Its generally faster than twitter... Also twitter's been a little slow the other day because they were dealing with some issues.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Re: the picture.

    THE FOREHEAD. I feel like Nastia always tries too hard to show people how 'graceful' she is.

    ReplyDelete
  12. i think Nastia is beautiful and you all are just jealous of her.

    ReplyDelete