Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Say What?



Bridget: B-r-i-d-g-e-t. See? Just a good solid Irish Catholic name. No tricky spelling. No extra vowels. Just keeping it simple. Listen, do you want me to talk to your Mum for you?
Jordyn: Oh, I don't know. At least she didn't call me Britt-nee, or Madyson.
Bridget: True that.




Nicolae: Zee how good I am? I am ze best coach! For bronze medal I giff you holiday. I take you to ze beach.
You vant live in America?
Bah! Marta make you clean ze toilets all zummer for a bronze medal!



Daniela: Conda- who?
Florica: Conda....Conda...Conda-something-Rice.
...American
...Important. 
...I don't know.
Just shut your eyes. 
It will all be over in a minute.



Sveta: I'm serious, Olga, ve have saying in ze Motherland- ze shorter ze hair, ze longer ze career.
Oksana: You vant you can borrow my steak knife?




Courtney: See, check it out, Tito. Watch Hils. From here it is a perfectly innocent point-at-scoreboard. But from where 'Bama sits, I am so flipping the bird.




Alicia: It's okay Nast. Adela's gone. You will never have to look at that leo again, I promise.
Nastia: But, but what if she comes back?



Marissa: Okay, I don't think that's distracting her. You kinda look like my Grandpa, though.




Aussies: Please let Starbucks still be open when we're done....please let Starbucks still be open when we're done...please let starbucks......



Suzanne: I tell you what I want...what I really really want! Zigga-zig-ah!
Verona: Yep, really showing your age here, Suz.




Ksenia: Well, I guess I'll do a couple more Olympics, then you know, retire, get married, have a baby, pose for playboy, get some plastic surgery, join parliament.
You know, the usual stuff.



Anamarie: I am sooo bored. All we have done since we got home from Beijing is stand in groups and be photographed clapping. It's like we're being punished.
WE WON A MEDAL PEOPLE!!!!
Where's the party? Where's the dips dammit?! The champagne?!
Sigh....
I miss Pavs.


Gabriela: Oh, ooh Steli, I think I got it! Yep I got it!

Steliana: Good girl. First lesson complete.
I have so much to teach you, Grasshopper.
The art of sleeping with your eyes open is the most valuable skill I can pass on to you in this game. 
More valuable than any side somi.
Use wisely.

Sandra: Lili, how much longer is this thing going to take? This gold-medal-smile is really starting to hurt. I think it's jetlagged.

Lili: Hangs on Sands. Just the presidential handshakes, the mayor's speech, the traditional folk dance, the flowers and the handing out of the keys to the city- then we're good to go.

2 comments:

  1. Your first caption is the best one you've done yet. Seriously, what's wrong with plain Jordan? Spelt the normal way?

    ReplyDelete