Tuesday, December 30, 2008

The Couch Gymnast...

........Has A Question


It seems that I have been scrutinising gymnastics leotard so much lately that I simply do not know what is what anymore. For this weeks Worlds Worst Leotard Contest Heat i chucked in this number below, then, in a fit of indecision took it back out ten minues later.

The problem is that I can't decide wether it is actually offensive or not. I realised after a lot of staring that I have no real problem with the black and green, and Ms Slater does tend to look quite classy in whatever she wears.

I think the main source of the badness actually might be coming from the sequinned rose on the chest. But then I wonder.... do i actually think it is ugly, or do i just think it is very inappropriate on an Australian leotard? I mean, a rose has nothing to do with Australia really, so what's the point? But then maybe i just think it is ugly.

BUT UGLY ENOUGH TO RUIN THE WHOLE LEOTARD?

That is the question. I'm really not sure anymore. Is the regal Allanna just pulling the wool over my eyes and this is, in fact a heinous leo? or is it an okay one, marred slightly by a stupid rose? Or is it in fact a very pretty leotard and The Couch Gymnasts is addled by staring at way too much sequin and velvet for anyone's good?

Help me out guys, waddya think?




Has a question...

17 comments:

  1. trust your intuition. its pretty fugly (green + sequins = ugh).

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's terrible

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really? I thought it was pretty. My problem with it is the stem of the rose. It kills everything onnected to it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i think its just average - neither pretty nor ugly

    ReplyDelete
  5. No i think its just ruined by the rose but not that bad over all

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with Anonymous #1. I like it, except for the stem of the rose. It's nowhere close to ugly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not too bad, the shape of the green umm line across the front of the leo ruins it for me. The rose is a bit wierd too, perhaps if it was smaller.
    Miss Slater does seem to make some ugly leos look alright!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ITS awful, in my opinion. btw, i love your blog! Yeah,i would include it in the next heat.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's ugly. Very ugly.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have seen far uglier. Still, it's not very good looking. There's a forum with a very long thread about the ugliest leotards and the ones there are unparalleled in their ugliness. Still, I don't think the rose kills the leotards. The colors and fit make it not very attractive.
    Opinion differs with everybody. Don't feel that you have to agree with everybody.

    I am again advertising my blog, gymallthetime.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. It would be pretty without the rose, but with the rose I think it is middle of the road.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awful. Forest Green is not flattering on anyone...rose applique or no rose applique. Eeew.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I actually think that leo's gorgeous. I like the color combo, and the rose is a nice twist on the usual sparkles we see thrown on everything.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It is a great leotard brought down to mediocrity by the unnescesary rose. Yet still not bad enough to go in a bad pool. You did right to keep it out of either good or bad group.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like it. The dark green and black compliment each other and the rose is a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Rose or no rose, it's hideous. It's that awful, dentists office teal that kills it.

    ReplyDelete